New data intelligence application enables visualization and analytics of patterns and trends across petabytes of unstructured data.
Austin, Texas — July 25, 2012 — StoredIQ, the leader in providing active information management solutions, today announced DataIQ , an innovative first-step application that reduces the complexity of understanding and analyzing Big Data. DataIQ is designed to give organizations a simple, low-cost, visualization solution to understand their unstructured data — without first moving it to a repository — to help answer data intelligence questions that challenge many of today’s IT organizations such as:
- How much data do you have across your enterprise?
- What are your largest repositories?
- How much old, un-used data do you have and where is it?
- Who owns data that is violating corporate policies?
- Which data is relevant to your business and which is just taking up space?
“Every company has more data than it can manage. But few can precisely locate it, assess the value of it, or make much sense out of it when they need to,” said Ted Friedman, vice president and distinguished analyst with Gartner. “Information management projects can be very intimidating. To set a course for success, organizations need to build insight regarding the whereabouts, meaning, and usage of their data.”
Designed to run on the StoredIQ Platform, DataIQ scales from terabytes to petabytes, from single corporate offices to global enterprises, and provides a single, holistic view across a multitude of enterprise data sources and hundreds of file types — without moving any data from its native location. With DataIQ, organizations have the power to make informed decisions before starting any information management initiative including: data migration, storage optimization, records management, eDiscovery, data clean up, and information governance. DataIQ gives companies the ability to:
- Identify – interesting subsets of information without moving any data across the corporate network
- Analyze – data using advanced visualizations to spot compliance violations, get out in front of the eDiscovery process, make infrastructure planning decisions, jump start records initiatives, etc.
- Act – copy, collect, move data that requires further processing or retention; defensibly delete data that provides negative value to the company
“As we worked with customers on information management initiatives from eDiscovery, information governance, storage, and records retention, one common theme bubbled up over and over…customers needed a simple tool to give them a comprehensive understanding of their unstructured data,” said Phil Myers, CEO of StoredIQ. “DataIQ was designed as a quick start data intelligence application that empowers customers with knowledge about their data to better plan and prepare for any information management project.”
Benefits of DataIQ
- Spot compliance violations – how much personally identifiable information (social security numbers, credit card numbers, bank account information) is stored in unsecure locations, where is it, who are the biggest offenders?
- Make infrastructure planning decisions – am I making the best use of my primary storage environments, or is there data that should be archived, are users renaming extensions to get around corporate policies on storing media files or email, how fast are my SharePoint sites growing?
- Get out in front of the eDiscovery process – where do my serial custodians have data stored, how much data do they have and how old is it, is there anything I can potentially delete? How much will the average legal matter cost me?
- Jump start or monitor records initiatives – what types of information are stored on my file shares, how old is my data, are people storing emails where they shouldn’t?
Pricing and Availability
DataIQ is currently in Beta and will be generally available in August 2012. DataIQ is priced as a subscription model based on TB or PB of data under management. For additional pricing information, contact StoredIQ for a DataIQ quote.
Named a 2012 ‘Cool Vendor’ by Gartner, StoredIQ’s active information management solutions enable organizations to gain visibility and control over Big Data and rapidly connect people to business-critical information. With StoredIQ, companies can identify, analyze, and act on dynamic data to meet their eDiscovery, information governance and data management requirements. Built on a powerful, unified platform which dynamically manages data in-place, StoredIQ dramatically improves the speed and reliability of information management, lowering legal costs and compliance risks, while meeting the stringent requirements that IT departments demand. For more information visit: www.StoredIQ.com.
Jacqui Galow | Director, Marketing | 512.334.3156 | firstname.lastname@example.org