Supporting the industry’s broadest set of data sources within the IT ecosystem
The StoredIQ Platform interfaces with a broad set of third-party technologies within the IT ecosystem to effectively identify, analyze, and act on electronically stored information (ESI), providing a deep and robust perspective into all popular enterprise data sources.
All of the StoredIQ Platform connectors were designed and built by StoredIQ from the ground up, optimized for performance, scalability, and depth, and with particular attention to the importance of critical information management issues such as complete audit trails, verifiable chain of custody, and comprehensive and auditable data/metadata preservation.
StoredIQ’s connectors are agentless; they do not require installation of any software on the data source, nor do they require any additional, interceding hardware such as a gateway. This design feature is critical to any large enterprise deployment in order to enable scalability and maintainability and to reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). In addition, many data sources have specific Service Level Agreements (SLAs) that prohibit the use or installation of additional software agents, and StoredIQ does not interfere with these SLAs in any way. In this way, StoredIQ is unobtrusive to the IT ecosystem and facilitates rapid deployment.
The StoredIQ Platform connects directly to a variety of data sources without the need for agents or gateways.
All of StoredIQ’s data connectors are included in the Platform for no additional or future costs. StoredIQ’s connector set is one of the broadest in the industry, and includes integrations with Email Systems and Archives, Storage File Systems, Workstations, NAS systems, Retention Platforms, Content Management Platforms, Directory Services, and WORM archives.
Summary of Supported Applications and Systems
|Email & Enterprise Social Systems||
|Content Management Systems||
|Legal Review & Matter Management||
Email and Enterprise Social Systems
Deep insight and information governance capabilities for email and business collaboration tools
Email and more recently enterprise collaboration technologies like SharePoint, NewsGator, and Jive are some of the most important corporate data sources – as well as the most challenging to manage and govern. The StoredIQ Platform provides advanced search and analysis capabilities for email content stored on email servers, within email archive repositories, or personal email archives such as PST, OST, or NSF files. Email messages and attachments can be quickly identified, tagged and exported, even if they are buried as nested attachments several layers deep. The StoredIQ Platform also supports extended email items including calendars, notes, contacts and tasks. Individual PST and NSF files can be identified and located across the enterprise that are not managed or tracked on corporate servers or email systems which may post a risk to the company.
StoredIQ provides the ability to locate and analyze groups of email messages that are part of the same thread (“threading”). StoredIQ can identify these near-duplicate email messages by filtering on user-defined attributes. In addition, StoredIQ’s advanced search interface enables a user to quickly find all of the email messages sent between two parties, or identify all the recipients who received email from a particular email account within a specified window of time, or discover any people who were blind carbon-copied on an email.
As enterprise knowledge grows in size and complexity, organizations need smarter solutions for identifying risk and governing information, especially social business content. StoredIQ can address the unique concerns that social computing introduces to corporate governance and compliance, eDiscovery, storage management and records management. Typical governance solutions haven’t kept pace with the growth of social data, the evolution to a collaborative environment, or the multitude of collaborative content types. StoredIQ’s Platform helps enterprise business customers manage this risk in an efficient and cost-effective way.
Supported Email and Enterprise Collaboration Applications:
- Microsoft Exchange
- IBM Lotus Domino/Notes Email
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010
- Search and filter by content or metadata properties (owner/custodian, date range, From/To/CC fields, etc.)
- Search, identify, and retrieve nested data within email or SharePoint wiki/blog messages or archives, such as attachments
- Harvest additional data beyond messages such as calendars, notes, contacts and tasks
- Identify conversations in message threads based on user-defined criteria
- Ability to identify and filter near-duplicate email messages based on customized hashing parameters
- All metadata is preserved to ensure completeness and authenticity of each record
File Systems and Workstations
Unparalleled visibility and control in-place of unstructured data across the organization
The StoredIQ Platform provides a complete view of all unstructured data sources across the organizational network. StoredIQ can automatically scan each storage device for relevant information, or target specific user computers or storage locations. File system activity can be scheduled during non-peak operational hours and throttled accordingly to reduce system load. Any storage device hosting data can be indexed, searched and analyzed that is connected on the network via CIFS, NFS, or Novell Netware. This includes NAS devices, group shares, desktop computers, and remote workstations based on Microsoft Windows or Apple OSX operating systems.
Supported File Systems:
- Novell Netware
- Enterprise-wide discovery and management of unstructured data resident on servers and end-user computers including NFS, CIFS and Novell attached devices
- Ability to schedule and control activity to manage system load and network traffic
Legacy Archived Media
Access and Manage Enterprise Data Stored on Backup and Archive Media
The StoredIQ Platform can retrieve, index, search, and manage legacy data located on backup media and archives created by software from EMC, IBM, Symantec or other leading vendors. StoredIQ can retrieve and index off-line legacy data from backup tapes using non-native restoration technology which eliminates the need to setup the original backup system used to create the media. A variety of different tape formats are supported.
- Symantec Enterprise Vault / Discovery Accelerator
- EMC Email Xtender
- EMC SourceOne
- Extend information management to off-line data
- Retrieve off-line legacy data for responding to eDiscovery requests
- Non-native restoration method does not require obtaining old or obsolete backup technologies to access the data
Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
Extend your ECM Investment with enterprise-wide Active Information Management
The StoredIQ Platform can help organizations extend their existing investment in Enterprise Content Management (ECM) systems to help securely store and manage their internal documents and other unstructured data. StoredIQ supports key attributes unique to each ECM platform. This deeper, more granular level of integration enables a broader range of business processes.
StoredIQ can index and provide precision search and analysis on ECM platforms, assisting users to automatically classify objects to support records management, litigation hold or data migration projects across an organization, regardless of where data is physically located. Based on these classifications, the StoredIQ AIM Platform can automatically execute user-defined policies and actions.
- Data In –StoredIQ can either copy or move unstructured data into an ECM system, populating ECM attributes such as Authors, Title, Subject or setting retention values. This capability can accelerate deployment of a new ECM system by automating data location, classification, and transfer.
- Data Out –StoredIQ can either copy or move data managed within an ECM to a target location, improving efficiency of information management, electronic discovery, or compliance projects.
- ECM Transfer/Migration –StoredIQ can either copy or move data between ECM systems, supporting cross-departmental processes between disparate ECM systems or migrating data to a new ECM system.
- Retain –StoredIQ can lock data within an ECM system, supporting either records management or litigation hold retention policies.
- Delete –StoredIQ can automatically execute disposition policies for data objects on ECM platforms.
Integration with alternative ECM platforms or repositories that offer an open or published interface is available through the StoredIQ professional services organization or a certified StoredIQ partner.
Key Content Management Systems:
- EMC Documentum
- IBM FileNet
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Granular level of ECM attribute support
- Index, search, and analyze data on ECM systems
- Automatically execute retention and disposition policies
- Facilitate data transfer between ECM systems
Storage and Retention Platforms
Leverage immutable storage platforms to preserve data and set retention periods
The StoredIQ Platform integrates with several leading retention systems to support legal hold, compliance, governance or records management processes such as SEC 17a-4. StoredIQ can automatically execute policies that copy or move data objects from any other data sources under StoredIQ management onto retention systems or migrate data objects between retention platforms. In addition, StoredIQ can control and apply the retention periods on these storage systems when preserving files and ensures the preservation of all metadata properties of all data objects that are managed by StoredIQ on retention servers. The StoredIQ Platform provides complete audit logging and leverages comparative digital hashes to ensure the validity and fidelity of copied objects.
Supported Storage Platforms:
- Dell DX Object Storage Platform
- Dell PowerVault NX Series NAS
- NetApp Snaplock
- EMC Celerra FLR
- EMC Centera
- IBM DR550/Information Archive
- Hitachi Content Archive Platform
- Permabit Enterprise Archive
- Iron Mountain VFS
- Deep integrations allow vendor-specific retention attributes to be set automatically
- All metadata is preserved and digital signatures recorded to ensure no loss of data
- Automatic disposition of objects once retention policy expires
Leverage existing directory services to manage StoredIQ user accounts and select custodians or file owners.
The StoredIQ Platform utilizes existing directory services within an enterprise to quickly gain access to platforms using those protocols. Furthermore, StoredIQ users can select from Active Directory listings (employees) to develop and maintain a specific custodian list associated with an eDiscovery matter or file owners for Records Management.
Supported Directory Services:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Utilizes directory service protocols to gain access to platforms
- Integrated with Microsoft Active Directory for account management and credentials
- Leverages Active Directory listings for simplified custodian management
Legal Review and Matter Management
Extend your eDiscovery solution with leading eDiscovery tools and platforms
The StoredIQ Platform's open architecture allows complimentary eDiscovery systems to be easily leveraged and integrated to provide a full end-to-end eDiscovery solution. The StoredIQ Platform excels at identifying, preserving, and collecting data, providing early case analysis and filtering, and then feeding this data to other downstream products and services for more detailed matter management and legal review. StoredIQ plays an integral part of any in-house eDiscovery solution because it can identify and analyze unstructured data where it natively resides, and quickly make this data available to matter management and review applications in all standard load file formats.
Supported Legal Review and Matter Management Applications:
- kCura Relativity
- LexisNexis Concordance and format compatible applications
- AccessData Summation
- IBM Atlas (PSS Systems)
- Catalyst Repository Systems
- Seamless integration with all major matter management and legal review platforms
- Automated load file creation in all standard load file formats